Sunday, November 9, 2008

Slightly Imperfect, but I'll take it

My WBC is up to 6 today. It's in the normal range. I'm not sure what my other counts are, but they must be doing ok because I don't need a transfusion today at all. I'll have the nurses put them up on my chart at some point.

So tomorrow is the big day, barring any problems. I have had fevers the past few days, and they've taken all kinds of blood from me for cultures to make sure I'm not coming down with anything horrible. The past few times, they've just drawn blood from my catheter, but today they also drew from my arm. No problem.

My nurses think I may have caught a cold, as I've been coughing, blowing my nose, etc for the past few days. No idea where I got it from, but I should get over it.

Now that I'm about to head home, I'm nervous and scared. I'm also hopeful and optimistic, and am looking forward to getting back to living with Ti. I'm not sure yet, but I'll probably have a PET scan within a few weeks to see how things look. I'll be a little unsettled until we get the results of the scan. With everything I've been through, the damn thing better be negative. The holidays won't be the same, and I don't know if that's such a bad thing. This year will give Ti and I a chance to start our own traditions, and not have to deal with the pressures put on us (especially me) by our parents/families to be involved in their traditions.

I'm not sure what getting back to a "normal" life means yet. In time, I'm sure I'll settle into what I can consider one to be. For whatever it means, I'll be living day-by-day for quite a while, taking each challenge or happy moment as they come. The only long-range event we'll be looking forward and getting ready for is the wedding.

I'll talk to you folks later.

No comments: