Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good News, bad news

Good Morning folks,
I know its been a few days since I last posted, and I didn't have much to say. Well, I still don't have a ton of things to write about but I do have some good news. I got my last batch of blood counts, and my WBC jumped from .12 yesterday to .25 today. This means the sores in my mouth are going to heal up pretty quick (they already started and are much better than they were two days ago). Last night I ate my first solid food in almost a week - macaroni and cheese. I'm tempting fate again this morning and am having French Toast along with transfusions of blood and platelets (the counts on both of those are a little low today - nothing to worry about).
The majority of the sores in my mouth and throat are gone, with the exception of a few spots that have been worn raw. One is on the side of my tongue. It hurts like hell. I have two other spots in my mouth that are also raw but don't bother me so much when I talk or swallow. The viscous lidocane I have will come in handy today.
The bad news today? I am going to be very f*cking busy. I am being visited by the nutritionist to discuss home nutrition, the pharmacist to go over the pills I have to take when I get home, the overall transplant coordinator to discuss ??? The Phys Assist that I have been working with is also coming by to talk about some other stuff too.
I also have a meeting with the mindfulness study folks today, and then to wrap it all up, if we're all wrapped up by then, my parents are coming by.

Ugh. Wish me luck. I have a feeling I'll need to recover tomorrow, and maybe work back up to solid foods.

2 comments:

jf228 said...

I am so happy that you are starting to feel better. Yeah food! You are one step closer to that seafood meal at that restaurant you were telling me about.

mjmercado said...

What's that I smell? Oh yeah, it's a big bucket of KFC! Almost there bud!