Monday, November 10, 2008

It's kind of a drag

I have a fever. And a cough. Because of this they're not letting me go home today. So it's another day at the Brig. Not that I don't absolutely love it here, I just want to get back to my own bed, my own chair, my own shower. I will miss the unending source of meds they have here, but I'd rather be home, not needing the meds, recovering on my own pace.
To wrap up what my body has gone through while here: 4 days of high dose chemo. Followed by about 16 days of not eating much due to various reasons. 7 days of mucousitis - one of the most uncomfortable and disgusting things I've even been through, and now a viral infection, accompanied by a fever.

The good news is that my hickman catheter is coming out today. Any other drugs they need to administer they'll do through my other port. It hasn't been feeling the love lately anyway, so it'll be good to get that flushed.

Not so happy today, a little dejected because my own body isn't working towards the cause. Even though tomorrow is my scheduled release day, I was hoping to jump this joint early.

Temperature at 11:30 a.m. 99.3 deg

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Bummer! I'm getting to donate blood to you on Wednesday afternoon :-)