Friday, November 7, 2008

Day +10 - My future's so bright, I've gotta wear shades

My white blood count is up to .711. Yesterday it was at .25, which means my body's done a little healing overnight. Today I feel good. Better than I have in a few weeks. No mouth sores, but I still have a sore mouth. I'm officially off of the morphine pump, but apparently I developed an addition to it and am suffering withdrawal symptoms and require taking oxycodone to ween myself off.

Besides that, I've just been doing some thinking about my situation (nothing bad) and trying to figure out what's next. As far as the medical portion of the SCT is concerned, I'm done. They have discussed discharging me as early as Monday. Initially they said Tuesday, but my numbers are looking good and all systems are set to go early. I've always been a bit of an overachiever.

Well, it looks like this leg of my journey is over. Next stop: home.

Depending upon the weekend, I may or may not post another entry. I'll have time, so I may put one up, but most likely there won't be any important updates for a few days.

I'd like to thank the following people (in no particular order):
The nurses and Doctors at Brigham & Womens hospital for taking care of me and making sure the SCT went off as smoothly as possible and that I got everything I needed.
My friends for giving me all the support and strength I needed to get through the last 21 days, and plenty more to get through the next 4 months
My extended family at BU, for being there for me, and showing me that I am more than someone who just works there. I can't wait to get back and thank everyone in person.
My mother and father, for being here.
My fellow cancer warriors, for keeping the fight going, by doing something as simple as getting up in the morning. Each day is a victory.
And last, and most important, thank you to Ti. She knows everything she has done for me. And I could never repay her back. Even if I could, I don't think she'd want me to anyway. First goal reached, next goal, the wedding.
If there is anyone I forgot to thank, well, thank you too. I didn't do it intentionally, it's just hard to write while I have to blow my nose every two seconds.


Good night everyone.

1 comment:

jf228 said...

That is the way you do it B! Keep the healing going! I bet once you are home comfortable in your own bed and condo your counts will skyrocket!