Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I have become comfortably numb

Tonight I was introduced to the most wonderful stuff: viscous lidocane. It is a gel that comes in a small cup, and with some swabs, I spread it around my mouth over the sores and other areas where its painin. Within a minute or two it all becomes numb and nothing hurts. It seems to last for a little while as well. I also have a mouth rinse with the same stuff that I'll try before bed tonight. The down side to all of this numbing/morphine is that I can only concentrate in very small bunches , for a few mins at a time.

I'd like to give a congrats to Bekah on her response to the drug trial she's on. Her story is here, and she is one of the other bloggers I follow because she is always bright, cheerful and a contant ray of hope, no matter how bad things get for her.

I also want to thank everyone who has sent me movies, cards and pictures over the past few weeks. I appreciate the thought and I was moved by how much support I'm getting from everyone.

I'm going to log for the evening, as the morphine/lidocane/whatever other pain numbing meds I'm on are kicking in and I'll probably be passing out in 10 mins or so.

Thank you all.

Sweetums go night night. . .

No comments: