Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day - Day +7

It's been a week since the transplant. I'm once again 7 days old. My counts are slowly starting to improve, but I still have much healing to do. The sores in my mouth and throat should be getting better, except they're not. Over the past few days I've been straining my throat and mouth while talking. Mostly on days my parents are here, and then I spend that night coughing up phlegm and blood, and when I "wake" up the next morning, I can barely get a whisper out.
I'm not going to go into any details over what has happened over the past few days that is causing my mouth and throat to slow down their healing. All I can say is that my overall health won't be improving until I can at least attempt to start eating solid food. Physically, I'm on track to be recovered by next week. Mentally and emotionally I'm struggling with some setbacks.

I'll post more later, I can't focus at the moment.

No comments: