Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby steps, giant leaps, whatever

So after my breakdown yesterday, I've recovered and moved onto bigger and better things today.

We had our first followup at the Dana today, to figure out how I'm doing and see where this is all leading. Apparently, I am ahead of the curve in some aspects, and am recovering pretty nicely. My platelet count was 104 (thousand), which means I can brush my teeth. It may not mean much, but to me it means I've climbed that step on the ladder of recovery. I've even surpassed the level where I can resume some level of normal activity, like doing light housework, except that my RBCs still have a little catching up to do, and I still need to get my physical strength and stamina back. Them telling me I can brush my teeth was the best news I could receive today. I can also cut back on a few of my meds, and in a week or so, I'll be off of one of them entirely.

Tonight the Pats play, and my goal is to make it to halftime. I'll probably TiVo the 2nd half so I can watch it tomorrow.

Today is a good day. I'm going to enjoy the rest of it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Do you want me to mail you some exercises?!?! I'd be happy to provide you Physical Therapy services via mail. I'm around too many kids at work to guarantee that I am free of germs, so I cannot give you a personal session.