Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ugh. The hospital.

I've been re-admitted to the hospital. I spiked a fever yesterday morning, called the clinic and they told me to get there asap and pack a bag; I was getting a stay in a 4-star hospital room complete with room service, towel service, and free blood pressure and temperature checks every few hours.

It's been weird. I wasn't feeling great yesterday morning, but after all of the waiting around DF all day for the tests they wanted to run, I started feeling better. We got the DF around 9:30, and I wasn't getting settled into the hospital room until 7:30. They took my vitals and I still had a fever, and the rest of the vitals were a little off from what they've been, but nothing too bad, no flags.

This morning, I feel better, if I was home I wouldn't think anything was really wrong with me. But my heart rate has been really high, and my blood pressure has been really low. I can't explain it. I've been drinking, I ate this morning, I was even able to shower without any problems.

After all of the tests, the doctors are starting to think my infection is viral in nature. It's frustrating because it's interfering with not only my quality of life, but also my forward progress. I'm getting my energy back, and I want to start to do stuff, but with the infection lingering and causing all sorts of issues over the past month, I'm feeling limited. I get winded walking up even a small set of stairs right now, because the infection has been interfering with the amount of air I can draw in, and I can't really take a deep breath right now.

I should be home as early as tomorrow, if not then Monday.

I'll post again once I'm home. Just a little bump on this long road I'm travelling.

No comments: