Thursday, December 11, 2008

The lights of Christmas

We took a drive tonight, to go see the lights around the neighborhoods near here. We didn't stay near here because the people around here suck and don't put up any holiday lights at all. Eventually, after driving around a bit, we found lots and lots of decorated houses with lots of brightly colored lights. It was amazing and a reminder of what being a little kid this time of the year is like. Since I don't get out much (as if you really needed me to say that again), it was really nice to be outside, even if I was only in the car.
My cold/sinus thingy is starting to go away. This morning I woke up with no headache at all, and I slept a solid 6 hours without waking up, which I haven't done since I can remember. Unfortunately the headache has come back with a vengeance tonight. We'll see how it goes.
One week from tomorrow we head back to the Dana, where I hope this sinus thingy is gone, and some of my restrictions finally get lifted. We're meeting with my actual onc as well, Dr. Fisher, whom I haven't seen since before the transplant, so next week will make it about 2-1/2 months since I've seen him at all.

All I want for Christmas is for this all to be over and things to get back to "normal". Let's see Santa bring that in his bag of presents.

No comments: