Monday, December 29, 2008

Morning, grumble grumble

Good Monday Morning all.
It's the last Monday of 2008. So far, it's bright and sunny outside. Maybe it's as warm as it looks, but I doubt it. I'll find out later when I go outside for my daily walk. It's part of the routine I'm supposed to go through to rid myself of the pneumonia as well as start to build up my stamina. Unfortunately none of my restrictions were lifted last week (due to said pneumonia), so it's more of sitting at home in front of the TV for me. If it was nicer out, I'm sure I'd do more outside (I'm kicking myself for not being more active pre-stem cell transplant now), like yesterday, but with the wheezing, coughing and other gross stuff, it is pretty much do my walk then get home and cough for a bit.

Enough about my misery. Here are my New Year's resolutions for 2009:
1. To not have cancer anymore and start to get back to my previous life (not something I can hold myself to so much, but I can try)
2. Lose weight. This one may be easy or not, depending on how things turn out. I'm down 20 lbs from when I went into the hospital in Oct. But since most of what I lost was muscle, there's still plenty of stuff to lose. That and I'm not supposed to be losing weight now, I'm supposed to be gaining a little a week or maintaining.

That's what I have so far. I still have a few days to come up with more, so I'll keep thinking about what else I'd like to work on for 2009.

I just have one hope. That 2009 is a much better year than 2008 was. Many people have great memories of 2008, and had enjoyable experiences. I too had a few, but overall, the year was probably the worst of my entire life. I'm looking forward to it being over. 2 more days. Then I can start 2009 miserable, but getting better, knowing I can look forward to the rest of the year and the good things it will bring.

Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

Jessie O said...

2008 was not that cool. I'm with you on that. To get my bod back after chemo muscle loss/weight gain I did a lot of yoga (even though I was extremely skeptical). There is something about intense chemo that makes punishing workouts seem masochistic and yoga made me sweat without any sort of cruelty.

I found your blog linked from Baldie's page. I'm in treatment for ALL.