Friday, December 19, 2008

These are not the droids you're looking for

Visited the Dana today and met with my actual doctor today for a little bit. The good news: they decided to let me go home and not keep me at the hospital for a few days. I reported yet another fever (the one I had on Tuesday) and the return of the coughing fits I had when I came home. He contemplated keeping me there, apparently, but instead told us I could go home. Also, officially I'm off of three more of the scripts I was on when I came home in November.
Bad news: because of my fever/cold/cough/general miserable health for the past few weeks, no restrictions lifted at all. Maybe next week (appointment set for Christmas Eve - that would be a great early present to get - dinner from Bertuccis or Uno's?) we'll get a clear for something. I'm still only on day +52 today, with another 48 to go before all of the restrictions are lifted and I can resume normal activities. Barring any more complications.
Really bad news: This isn't official from the doctor, but I may be showing signs of lung damage from one of my treatments. I've had a very fast heartbeat, and have also been unable to take deep breaths for a few weeks. It's better over the past few days, but I've also been coughing up stuff out of them. The doctor rattled off several causes for the heartbeat, including possible lung damage. Not enough O2 getting to where it needs to go, heart working a little harder to get me moving around. We'll keep an eye on this and see how it develops. I'm hoping with a little more moving around and exercise, I'll start to get back to normal.

According to Dr. F, we're still on for going to my folks next Thursday for dinner. Unless I'm still infected with whatever it is I have. We'll know in a few days if I'm going to kick this or not. I'm hoping I will.

Have a good snowy Friday night. Stay in and stay warm.

I finally found a benefit to not being able to go anywhere. When we get snowed in, it's just another day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just did a power read of your whole blog. I am so impressed by your attitude. Don't beat yourself up if you have days where you feel less optimistic. It's only natural. I'm so glad that you have Ti to share this with. I'm sure hard as it has been, it's better with her there.