Monday, October 27, 2008

Frogs, Bone Snatchers and 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag

So yesterday I had a panic that I wouldn't make it here another 14/15 days. Then last night I developed a rash from one of the medicines I'm on. They usually give Benedryl to combat the rash, but as it turns out, I have a reaction to that too. Hopefully the rash will go away sometime today, and I can get back to being a pin cushion for the folks here.

I get off of my mesna today, so today may be the last day I "have" to be attached to my IV stand, what I call "The Beast". It means I can go into the bathroom alone and don't have to remember to unplug ourselves from the wall before moving around the room. And it's one more step closer to getting out of here.

Ti made me a Hospital day tracking chart, with lots of symbols on it (football for Sundays, a Jack-O-Lantern for Halloween, etc), and hopefully once we get there, it will remind me that there are less days for me to be here than I have already been. But we have to get to Friday for that.

Today is Day -1. Tomorrow I get my stem cells back, and I have two weeks from there before I leave the hallowed halls of the Brig.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So now that I'm reading this blog, I'd like a no-holds barred completely embellished account of the antics of your naughty nurses...and nothing gross like Allison would suggest...please let our imaginations and yours enjoy good old fashioned Americana - a nurse to cater to all needs...(theo the cat)

andyson said...

Jack, sorry to disappoint. The naughtiest thing a nurse has done was to bring me lotion. And it was from the rash the Bactrin gave me. :(

But they do wait on me hand and foot, so I got that going for me.

Unknown said...

Sorry about your rash. I have a back scratcher I could send; but by the time you get it the rash will be gone. You must be thrilled with the prospect of being to go places without The Beast. It won't be long before you are walking out the door. Good Luck, Bev