Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day +1

Not much to report today. I've just been tired. Ti is here visiting, and the first hour she was here I could barely keep my eyes open. It's better now, and I'm more awake and alert, but if this is a preview of more things to come, I'll be sleeping through the next few days. That means I may not be updating the blog or playing on Facebook. The pain in my mouth has spread to my throat. Not too bad, but painful enough that I need a few oxy before I want to attempt to eat. Fortunately I still have an appetite, just starting the lack the ability to eat.

Today is the anniversary of the day Ti and I started dating. It was 3 years ago today that we consider our official start of "being together" in that way. Yeah, you all know what I mean. And no, Mike, not in that way. So happy anniversary Ti. I love you, need you, and am grateful every day that I wake up and you're still with me. At this point we've been through enough together to fill a lifetime. There's no one else I would have rather gone through the past 12 months with, as hard as they have been. And I know you'll be there at the end of this, when I have my first (of many) post-cancer celebratory beers, to make sure I get my sorry, drunken ass home safely.

Off to think about dinner. . . Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

ti said...

Aww... love you too honey! And when this is all over, the first beer's on me :)

Unknown said...

I guess the drugs make you schmoopy too. :) When this is all over, you have an entire liquor cabinet of goodies to bust into! Then we gotta go tux shopping.