Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Harvest

So today we went to Dana Farber for the stem cell harvesting. I think the best description is that they take all of the blood from my body, run it through some fancy dohickey and then return what they don't want back into me. Ti dropped me off at 7 (she had an 8 am appt with her dr.) and we left just before 5. Hopefully they will get all of the stem cells they need today so I don't have to go back tomorrow. 2 million is the magic number. Sometime tonight they'll call and let me know how I did.

It wasn't too bad an experience, except I kept making the machine stop somehow, and they took out at least 2 pints of blood after all is said and done. The stem cells were collected and put into a plastic bag, it kinda looked like ruby red grapefruit juice. Maybe a little darker.

Anyhoo, I've got to shower and get ready to watch the Sox. There is a chance I'll be awake past the 5th inning, but not a huge chance. I'm wiped. Who would have thought that laying in bed all day would be so exhausting. . .

1 comment:

mjmercado said...

Glad to see you were able to change the label to "Minions".