Saturday, February 28, 2009

The hardest to learn is the least complicated. . .

I have to relearn my job. There are things that I have forgotten since being out of the office, and it's become apparent to me this week that there is much catching up to do. I just have to make sure I still take it easy instead of throwing myself into the fire and grabbing 10,000 things to do, which I'm very guilty of doing in the past. This time, I come first, the work can wait. Whether the nice folks at BU want to hear it or not.

My throat has started to hurt. The doctors told me it would, and it has. I've found that a few advil a few hours before I eat will take care of the discomfort, but it wears off over time (I can only take 6 advil a day) and the throat starts to throb again. It doesn't really hurt unless I swallow, and even just swallowing water kinda hurts. Damn you Sirens of Radiation Oncology! Other than that, which will be addressed by my radiation oncology team, I'm not really showing any other side effects. I haven't lost any hair, I'm not really burned. but I am tired as all hell.

Tonight Ti and I went out for Mexican food at a really good place near the condo. We got a pitcher of Sangria, some chips and salsa along with fresh guacamole. Dinner was pretty good as well. I miss what we used to do. I'm taking the adjustments slow because I need to be careful. If I get sick, there's no telling how it will be at this point.

I talk to you y'all later. Time for more pills.

1 comment:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

There are medications you can take to numb your throat. Ask your radiologist (it's a lidocaine mix). I want some pics and maybe some info from you. Holler at me at hill.stpierre@gmail.com