Thursday, February 12, 2009

Porkchop Sandwiches!

So I started radiation today. It wasn't too bad; I actually fell asleep a little during the procedure. I wasn't comfortable, they kept turning the lights on and off, but because I couldn't move for about 20 minutes, I just drifted off. It didn't hurt, I don't think. I think I am feeling a little different in the areas that were zapped, but that may just be a figment of my overactive imagination. A ghost sensation if you will. I'm sure in a week or two it won't feel like that because the actual effects of the treatment will start.

It wasn't exciting, and I'm going to have to remind myself that I have to go every day for the next few weeks. Tomorrow's going to be difficult because it's Friday, I just got a new game for my Wii to play, and the appointment isn't until the late afternoon.

To help keep me on schedule, I go back to work on Tuesday, which will get me out of the house earlier, and put me closer to the hospital. So getting to B&W won't be a total pain in the ass.

So tomorrow is really my last day at home as well, which it won't be because I have to leave here around 2:10 - 2:15 to get my ass to the hospital. I won't get home until 5. This doesn't like much, and I've had enough sit-on-my-ass time over the past 6 months. And we have a long weekend, so there will be more sit-on-my-ass-time with Ti.

I'll talk to you folks later. I've got zombies to kill.

1 comment:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

Congrats on moving up and back into the world. If you need help with radiation side effects, you know who to holler to. I'm a little concerned though. . . .I'm not sure if the world knows the firestorm it has coming back its way.