Monday, February 23, 2009

Walking downhill + Ice + Strong Winds = Ice Skating to Work

Imagine me walking down a hill. Now imagine the hill has lots of icy patches on it. Now add in a very strong, constant wind blowing down the hill. I basically skidded down the hill to the train station this morning. Believe me, it wasn't a "Wheeeee!" moment. It was an 'Oh Sh!t!" moment, as I thought I was going over at any moment. I didn't, but I have pretty much every winter since I moved to Brighton. Once was while I was on my way to the airport and had luggage. Fell right on my ass.

Health-wise, I'm surviving. The radiation isn't killing me, but I think I'm starting to show side effects. It's pretty painless, pretty quick, with the only real obnoxious part being the daily trip to the hospital.

I occasionally feel overwhelmed with my life. It's not one specific thing, and I don't think fixing or removing one part will make the feeling go away. It's a combination of treatment, returning to work, the wedding, and an underlying frustration I have with lots of other small things. One of those is that I have problems sleeping. I'm not sure why, but I can't sleep through the night. It may be the root of all my problems, but I can't convince myself of that, and I've been through too much to think that a good nights sleep will solve anything. The fatigue I've been fighting off since December of '07 is starting to take its toll, which I think is the more likely suspect.

Eh, time to go make the donuts. I'll talk to y'all later.

B

No comments: