Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Monday, by Wednesday I'll X-Ray man

Today we went to see the radiation oncologist. We discussed radiation, the downsides, the upsides and what exactly it means. After very little thought or discussion, it's been decided I'm going to be lit up like an X-mas tree for an hour a day, every weekday for a month. I'm not sure what to think or feel about the whole matter just yet. I'm too matter-of-fact about much of my treatment, and while I am a little anxious about it, it doesn't have the intimidation factor that the transplant had, or the possibility of horrible side effects like my chemo.

I'm still reeling from a family fight from over the weekend. I haven't the nerve to call my parents yet to tell them about the appointment today. I figure at this point I'll wait until Wednesday to tell them everything, because by then I'll have more details - we meet with the rad onc team again then. The fight was over the wedding and my mother's increasing involvement in the planning - which wasn't asked for, and was causing problems. I admit I didn't handle the discussion well, and it ended up being a screaming match. I am apologetic for how I behaved and acted towards her, but I don't feel I was wrong in getting angry at her. So the past few days have been awkward, and it ruined what could have been a good weekend of downtime for Ti and myself. She was coming home from a week away for work, and the whole fiasco set a tone for the weekend that made things very tense around here.

The above was written on Monday, but I hadn't posted it because I wasn't done with the post. Recently, many of the discussions Ti and I have had about the wedding have led to very bad things, and to be honest, on these occasions, it would be more comfortable if we were discussing explosive diarhea (as disgusting as it sounds, it is easier to discuss than the wedding at times).

While I did have more I wanted to write about last night, the inspiration has left me and I can't remember what it is I wanted to post. Maybe I'll remember the rest later.

No comments: