Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Tired

Chemo made me sick. It made me feel so horrible that I'd just sleep so I didn't have to feel it. I was tired, and the chemicals pretty much wrecked me in ways I have forgotten in order to maintain sanity, but now I have a new enemy. I call them the "Sirens of Radiation Oncology". They're all young, attractive radiologists who lure me into their lair, and when I'm laying down and helpless, they zap me with X-rays repeatedly. These X-rays didn't seem to do much the first few days I was zapped, but they're quickly taking their revenge on me. I am SOOOOOO tired. I can't get out of bed in the morning, I'm tired all day, and even sleeping, which isn't going so well in itself, doesn't even touch the depths of my tiredness.

They warned me there would be fatigue. They just didn't say that I would be this tired. I'm managing as I can. It sucks, but it's only going to be a few more weeks.

The other side effects are starting to show up as well. I have a lump in my lower throat, which is at the top margin of my radiation field. I have rinse for it, which helps, and I'm hoping this is as bad as it gets. I know that won't be the case, but I'm hoping. My back is tender and probably starting to show signs of radiation burns. I dunno, I can't see it.

Ugh. Enough complaining for the evening. Almost time for bed.

2 comments:

ti said...

Sirens of Radiology?? I think you're playing too many video games :) Keep up the fight, it'll be worth it in the end.

mjmercado said...

Too many video games? Is there such a thing?