Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yum Yum

I have a few conundrums to figure out in the next few days. First, should I continue to watch the Food Network, even though I won't be able to eat 90% of everything I see on TV? As I type I am watching a show on deli's and now I really, really want a Reuben sandwich. Hmm sauerkraut. . .
Before this show there was an Iron Chef America, and it didn't really make me hungry at all, even though the food looked great. What to do, what to do. It'll be another 11 days before we go back to Dana Farber where I have a chance (not guaranteed) to eat something from outside the house - not counting Christmas dinner. Am I just torturing myself or is this entertainment for me? I'm leaning towards entertainment, but some shows make me want to eat what I see on them. So torn.
My next problem is what to do for Ti's birthday. Once again, my illness is causing us to not be able to do something really special to celebrate, which makes me feel like I'm adding further insult to injury. She's done so much for me in the past 18 months, and during this special time, I would love to start to make the time up to her. There are a few things I can do, but due to my medical limitations, there isn't much we will be able to do, like go out to a restaurant to have a nice dinner. A bigger problem, but we'll see what I can do.

I'm holding up, the pneumonia is working its way out of my lungs, and the Wii my parents got me for Christmas is helping to get me moving around more. Today, my Wii Fitness age is 57. I guess that averages out my age and the fact I have the lungs of an 80 year old. I'm optimistic that I'll get over this soon and the docs will give me some freedom in two weeks.

Ah. . . the sweet taste of freedom. Sauerkraut.

1 comment:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

You are torturing yourself. Shut off the damn food channel and step up on your Wii.
You're linked to my page.