Monday, January 5, 2009

So. . . yeah, um. . .

It's Monday. In my former, pre-cancer life, I hated Mondays. Not that I don't like my job, which I do, but getting out of bed on a Monday is unlike getting out of bed on any other day of the week. Unfortunately, even though I am not working at the moment, I still have problems getting out of bed on Mondays. And I don't have a reason to get out of bed to drive me up and into the shower. Well, there are the reasons of eating, taking my meds and showering, but honestly, in the morning, when one is struggling with either going back to sleep or getting out of bed, you don't consider the minor inconveniences like food not being kept in the bedroom to get up. Now there are those mornings when I really have to use the bathroom, and then I usually get up, but I've started to reconsider getting back under the covers. The reality of the situation, is I spend 90% of my day within a 15 foot radius. My chair is on the opposite side of the wall from my side of the bed. If I could lean back about 10 inches in my chair, I could probably rest my head on my pillows.
So moving on from sleeping and how small the condo is. . .

The Wii kicked my ass today. I got my Wii Age down to 33, but I'm sure it'll go back up tomorrow. I played about 10 games of Tennis, which I think I split with the computer. Not that it beat me, I kept playing around and trying to figure out how to put spin on the ball and ended up knocking it out of bounds. Enough to lose a match I was up 40-0. But I started to get the hang of it and did pretty well, I think. Then I played a few other games and wore myself out. I was even sweating and breathing a little heavy. Could it be that somehow, in some mystical fashion, they combined exercise and video games in a non Dance Dance Revolution format? Yeah, yeah, I knew the Wii would do this. And as much as Ti probably won't admit it, she's happy I have it to get my ass out of the chair for an hour or two a day. Not that I can feel it or that it's making a huge difference physically, I can start to feel my energy and stamina coming back slowly. Breathing is becoming less of an issue but is still problematic.

My hair is growing back. Much thicker and faster in some places than others at the moment. The top of my head is still trying to catch up to the sides of my head, and the hair around my mouth is growing circles around the rest of my facial hair. It's also all coming in black. Anywhere I didn't have hair two months ago that used to now has it, and it's all black. This is very disturbing to a former redhead.

Well, that's all for now. A little long for a post I really didn't even intend to write.

Stay classy Earth.

1 comment:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

I've been there too, in that 15ft radius, spending time wondering if your world will ever grow back to where it was.
In times like this, you need to know yourself, know what you can do, and love the body you have. It's just a little bit of the basics to get you by. AND keep posting your thoughts!!