Thursday, June 4, 2009

Whatever bubbles, bubbles up

So it's Thursday. It used to be my favorite day of the week - because it used to be bar night #1. That, and if we didn't go out to the bar, there was usually something decent on TV, so the night wasn't a waste even if we stayed in for the evening.

Well, now that I'm older, and my treatment has wrecked my body, Thursday night is pretty much a recovery night so we might be able to do stuff on Friday night. I love how working a full day then going out requires a staging day.

But the week is almost over, Friday is upon us, and that brings us to the weekend. I think we are going to attempt to go to the cape for one of the two days, go to a winery, go a brewery, then go to a lobstery. Spend a little time outside in the sun by some sand and the ocean, then fight traffic all the way into the city. Nah, it won't be that bad. It should be fun and a little relaxing. Not a lot of running around, and maybe some excellent food + drinks. We shall see.

I have decided that my body is on strike for the duration, as it doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning, and when I finally negotiate to get it into the shower, I start these coughing fits for 10 - 15 minutes. I don't cough for the rest of the day, most of the time, but in the morning, it is brutal. So apparently my recovery is no longer a team effort. If I could kick my own ass into cooperating with me, or at least give me a fair chance to fight the cough/phlegm/mucus ritual, I'd appreciate it, but no such luck right now. And then as the day goes on, my body decides it's tired when I'm in the middle of stuff. I have work to do damnit! Coffee sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes sleeping all weekend (like I did last weekend) gets me a few days of reprieve, but I can't waste every weekend sleeping 15 hours a day.

Anyway, enough complaining. I have a trip to plan, TV to watch, and a Rum and Coke to drink. It's been a long day at work and I feel like Mike Tyson's punching bag.

1 comment:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Great Blog! I added you to my blogroll. Also... Open invitation to you and your readers to participate in the Being Cancer Book Club. This month we are discussing “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. “...the lecture he gave ... was about the importance of overcoming obstacles, of enabling the dreams of others, of seizing every moment (because “time is all you have…and you may find one day that you have less than you think”). It was a summation of everything Randy had come to believe. It was about living.”
Monday is Book Club day; Tuesday Guest Blog and Friday Cancer News Roundup.
Also check out Cancer Blog Links containing over 225 blog links and Cancer Resources with 230 referenced sites, both divided into disease categories.
Please accept this invitation to join our growing cancer blogging community at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis