Sunday, May 24, 2009

Return to Sender

We're back. We have lots of things to do still (start thank you notes, unpack, clean up around the condo among other things), but most won't get done in the next few days.

The wedding was a lot of fun, but I can honestly say I don't know where the time went. It started just after 4, and before I knew it, we did our first dance, cut the cake, and then were saying goodbye to everyone.

Here is one picture from the wedding:

I wish the day lasted longer. People told us they had a great time, that it didn't seem like a wedding, and a few told me it was the best wedding/party they had been to in years. Unfortunately I don't remember it that way. It was a lot of fun, but between the ceremony, the pictures, the things we had to do, time just got away from me. I can count the number of songs I heard the DJ play on one hand. He played for almost 4 hours straight; I just was too busy to hear them. But it was unique, and a great experience. Definitely a day I'll not forget (of what I can recall).

Overall my health is stable. I'm coughing a bit, partially from my lingering whatever the hell it is I had last week, and partially from the dry air of LV.

Now, after more sleep tomorrow, and a much needed day off from everything, it's back to the grind on Tuesday.

If I don't get better by the end of the week, I'll probably be calling the doctor again. But maybe a few good nights sleep and a semi-regular schedule will make a difference.

This is for Ti, the new Mrs. Anderson:
I love you, and as I told you, I can't repay everything you've done for me over the past two years. It's been a journey, and we're still a long way from our destination, but here's to hoping to a smooth, paved road ahead. No more bumps, detours or anything else.

To everyone else: Keep hope alive.

Once in a while, life kicks you when you're down. Occasionally you pick yourself up and kick it back and things are good. This past week, I kicked it back and then did a shot of Tequila.

Talk to you later, folks.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Yes ... keeping hope alive.

All the best to you.