Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pre-Friday post

Today feels like Friday. Ti had today off, and she's leaving for NY tomorrow, and people at work don't know what day it is either. So it's not just me.

It's been an odd week. Not great, not horrible, just odd. Although last night the new wife and I celebrated our "one monthiversary". I don't want to call it an anniversary, because it hasn't been a year. But I don't know what to call it. Moving on. We had a nice dinner at the Summer Shack, and a few drinks before and after dinner at a few bars around the restaurant. It was a nice evening. And there was peace and harmony in the kingdom.

My stomach virus, flu or whatever you want to call it has mostly subsided. I called my nurse, Michelle, and she told me it was probably viral and that it would go away over the weekend (last weekend), and it kinda did. I still have some lingering effects, but those are starting to go away too. To make doubly sure it wasn't a case of food poisoning from two weeks ago, we had more raw oysters last night. So we can start the whole process over again (just kidding). But we did have raw bar oysters - those were good.

*Sigh*

I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Not that I'm dreading anything, it just feels so much like Friday that I don't feel like I have to go into the office in the morning. But I will; there is work to be done, students to orient, and computers to fix.

Time to turn on the TV and become a couch potato for the night.

Night.

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

I am so glad I don't have to get up and drag myself to work. I don't think I could ever do it again.

Being a couch potato ...you deserve it.

I'm going to read more of your blog..

fondly, Deena