Monday, April 6, 2009

Just another Monday

Life has started returning to "normal" - well, pre-cancer normal. I am not sure what everyone else is expecting when they see me. I'm a little thinner, have a little less hair, but otherwise I'm the same. I'm still not back to how I was back in August of 07, before all of this really started, and I have no idea how long it'll take (or even if I'll get back there). I'm exhausted most of the time, but try to ignore it so I can get through the average day.
I've been drinking coffee regularly, as the caffeine gives me a bit of energy (still tired, but oddly wired), but only 1 cup a day usually. Maybe once a week I'll have two during a day. I can still go to bed and sleep after a cup, it just gives me energy for a bit during the day.
I've been on a little bit of a bacon kick lately. It's driving Ti a little crazy, but it'll pass. I found a web site that sells bacon salt and baconaise (Bacon + mayo = yum). The quote they have on their site is "Everything should taste like Bacon". I tend to agree.

I've been going to the gym, which has been good, as it's getting me moving again. It's frustrating, as I'm very self-aware about the weights I'm using and how little weight I am able to work out with comfortably. 20-30 lbs max on most machines right now, and since I'm not doing regular weight training now (this week it's 45 mins on cardio and about 5 mins on weight machines - I'm trying not to overdo it) I probably won't be going up too soon.

Anyway, time to make the bacon cinnamon rolls.

No comments: