Friday, April 24, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today is a beautiful day in Boston. The weather is nice, the sky is blue, there aren't any clouds in the sky. I wish my health reflected outside. I am exhausted. I'm overwhelmed. I'm lots of things that I don't want to be right now, with 3 weeks until the wedding and 3 weeks and 2 days until Vegas.
I got my hair cut down pretty short. It's a temporary move, I think, as I may end up shaving it all off before the wedding. I'm still thinking about it.
As I complained to Hilary at Baldie's Blog (thanks for the mention btw), and she agreed with my desire to shave it. It's not the same as it was pre-cancer, which I expected, but I wasn't prepared for how different it would be. So we'll shave it and see how it grows back. I think.

Tonight is one of those nights that reminds me of my college days. One of those warm April nights where it's slightly chilly but still comfortable. I wish I had a deck or knew someone who lived nearby that did. I'd sit outside with my feet up, with a nice cold beer and watch the sun set and the stars start to come out. This is the great time of year between when it's a little too cold outside to when it's a little too warm (and moist) outside. Too bad it is short and usually rainy.

I'm going to get a beer from the fridge now. Even though I don't have a deck, we have the windows open, the Sox-Yankees game on TV, and it just feels right.

2 comments:

B. said...

I love days like today too.
Perfection is an understatement after the rain we've had. Glad you're figuring out the haircut -- never an easy process.

I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding! Soooo soon.

Know I'm thinkin' of you and Ti --

As for being tired/fatigue. It gets better. I PROMISE :)

Love, love, love
Bekah

jf228 said...

The countdown begins.....we are looking forward to you and Ti's big day!!! See you at the wedding!!!