Friday, March 6, 2009

What I'm listening to - Friday, March 6th

No real post today. Instead, I wanted to put out a list of what is on my iPod these days. Not that many people care, but I like to spread the music around and I tend to listen to less-mainstream stuff.

Eels - Beautiful Freak (whole album) It's sad and depressing at times, but I think it has everything a recovering cancer patient needs.

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Around the Bend - A happy reminder that things will be better, and in many cases, much sooner than you think. A little wacky 70's sound, but I like it. You might too.

The Offspring - Fix You - I think the title is self evident. It's a good song.

Linkin Park - Bleed it Out - Good, short song with a great beat. Might be their best song ever.

The Ting Tings - Great DJ - A flashback to the 80's that is just too damn catchy. The drums, the drums, the drums, the drums. . .

Eddie Vedder - Rise - Short and sweet and will probably make you cry. If you look closely, I put the lyrics in a previous post.

Against Me! - Thrash Unreal (whole album) - Lots of catchy songs, good positive messages, and lots of hard rock guitar.

The Trashmen - Surfing Bird - For the silliness factor. I mean why not? A little lightening of the mood never hurts, especially with everything else I've had to deal with.

Mike Doughty - 27 Jennifers - Solo work by the former frontman of Soul Coughing (who?). Good music, accessible, and just plain fun.

That's it for this week. Maybe if I get inspired, I'll do more of these. I have a 5000 song collection.

No comments: