Friday, March 27, 2009

Feel like busting up a Starbucks?

Not much interesting stuff to write about this week. We had the shower on Saturday. Then I went to the Hockey East semis and got a little drunk. Well, ok not really a little, but I've been worse.

Sunday was all about not moving too much and recovery. I felt horrible in many ways. Drinking is not something I should have dove back into head first. I'll learn, right?

Tomorrow I head to the gym for the first time in probably 4 years. I would have gone sooner but the last 18 months haven't really loaned themselves to it. We'll see how it goes. People keep telling me not to push myself, but that's how I roll. I mean, after all I've been through, what's the worst thing that could happen - just kidding. I already know. So I won't put myself in that position. Nice and easy. I'll start with the 5 lb weights and see where that leads.

I've also started acupuncture. It's a little strange, but it may work. I dunno, they said to try a few sessions and see how it goes. Since this is a "spend money like there's no tomorrow" period - mostly on wedding stuff though, I don't feel bad about spending the money to go to therapy. And if it works, even better. It's just weird to think that sticking a dozen or so small needles in places around my body will do anything. But the Chinese have been doing it for centuries, and who am I to argue with traditionally used therapeutic tools.

In two weeks I have a massage AND acupuncture scheduled for the same week. It's nuts. I might as well enjoy it now. Pretty soon I won't be able to afford the time or the treatments.

Overall, I think I'm coming out of my funk. Or maybe its just the introduction of caffeine into my diet. I dunno.

Now I'll lay me down to sleep, before the lord cuts off my feet. Which would be awfully inconvenient.

I can
Hear the bells are
Ringing joyful and triumphant and I can
Hear the bells are
Ringing joyful and triumphant and

You snooze, you lose
Well I have snost and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
So fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting

1 comment:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

HI! It's me. I've finally recovered enough from the flu and pneumonia to realize that I CAN'T FIND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. I have good, big things planned that we can do together.