Thursday, July 23, 2009

Health, Work and too much wine

I have news. Nothing about my health besides the fact that I've lost the ability to stay asleep for more than 45 minutes at a time. Hmm. . . could be because I have my first post-SCT scan IN A WEEK. And as I've noted before, I'm more than a little freaked out about it. I'm also stressed from work, as there are projects out the wazoo, plenty of busy work, and I can't figure out when to take a week off. And to boot, Ti and I (well, mostly Ti) has been packing, cleaning and boxing up stuff every night for the past two weeks for a few reasons - so coming home hasn't been too relaxing. Tonight, a little, but I have less to do than her. First reason: We now have a storage unit to put all the excess that we want to keep into for when we have a larger space to live. Second reason: We're going through all of our bins and boxes, getting rid of clothes, toys, and other items we no longer need or want and donating all of it to charities. We like to spread the wealth. And the third reason is we're expecting two bundles of joy next week. And the place really needs a once over before we let anything four-legged and 12 inches off of the ground loose in here. Not really dog-proofing the condo, just making space for them.
So I get to bed at night and start thinking about a.)my test - and immediately take an ativan b.) work - may or may not take an ativan or c.) life with two dogs and all of the things that involves - good and bad - and usually take an ativan so I don't stay up all night. No matter what time I go to bed, I don't get to sleep until after 1, and I don't stay asleep long :(

In a week or so, almost everything besides work will have a resolution. I'll have the results of the PET/CT, and we are expecting to have two new pets. I'm hoping for good news all around, but if that isn't the case, I'm hoping one balances out the other.

It will be a nice change to have to worry about the well being of something else besides Ti and myself. The dogs will be a welcome part of our family, and hopefully a needed distraction.

And if anyone wants any red wine, let me know. We have lots of left over wine from the wedding that we are not going to drink. I'm up to being able to drink a few glasses occasionally, but nowhere near where I was before. I think I've finally grown up, at least as far as my alcohol intake is concerned. We won't discuss the bachelor party or the Hockey East championship game, but I've been a good boy since day 100. Mostly.

Good night folks. Sweet dreams and big balls.

1 comment:

ti said...

Don't forget the white wine... the red I'm hoping to ply your mom with :)
I know these last few months have been tough & the test is weighing on you, but you've been doing great! Woo-hoo 1 more week & worry will be cut to a fraction! And we'll have a big, furry family to celebrate with!
We're almost there! Love you!!!